Where were you......
1. When John F. Kennedy was shot? (11/22/1963)
I was at a studio watching Phil Spector record Tina Turner with his "wall of sound" in the background. Phenomenal! (too bad he's a murderer) That was after I played around on the skateboard prototype all day.
2. When Mt. St. Helens blew? (5/18/1980)
I was in pre-school, but I thoroughly enjoyed drawing in the National Geographic magazine my parents had that wrote about it...
3. When the space shuttle Challenger exploded? (1/28/1986)
I was in 5th grade. Miss Hartman told us.
4. When the 7.1 earthquake hit San Francisco? (10/7/1989)
I was in 8th grade, I saw the news that evening. I just remember watching that footage from the tourist where she was driving across a bridge and the car in front of her suddenly fell through the road. They played it over and over and over...
5. When the Berlin Wall fell? (11/7/1989)
Again, in 8th grade, our teacher told us.
6. When the Gulf War began? (1/16/1991)
I was a freshman in a Catholic high school. Sr. Barbara told me as I happened by the principal's office.
7. When the first World Trade Center bombing happened?
I was a freshman in high school. I found out about it when I got home from school. A bunch of the TV channels were knocked out because they broadcasted from the top of one of the towers.
8. When OJ Simpson was chased in his White Bronco? (6/17/1994)
I watched it on TV with two girls I baby-sat for. We camped out on the living room floor so we could view it until it ended. We laughed and laughed...
9. When the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City was bombed? (4/19/1995)
Freshman in college. I saw footage in the student center food court.
10. When Princess Di was killed? (8/31/1997)
A bouncer at Wet Bar (hahahaha! Anyone remember that club on High Street in downtown Boston?) told me and my friends as we were exiting the club. We were totally wasted, so we were a little more than confused by the news...
11. When Bush was first announced President? (11/7/2000)
I was at my old apartment in Watertown. I just shook my head.
12. When the 6.8 earthquake hit Nisqually, WA? (2/28/2001)
13. When terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center? (9/11/2001)
I was at the WORST PR job I'd ever hard. My friend who worked in Manhattan IM'd me. We both monitoried MSNBC together in conjunction with him watching TV and IM'ing me details. I was really upset because my Dad's office is near there and my phone calls wouldn't go through.
14. When Columbia disintegrated during re-entry over Texas? (2/1/2003)
I was running on a treadmill at the gym. CNN was closed captioned, so I watched all the details for 31 minutes.
15. When the War on Iraq started? (3/15/03)
In bed with 5 cats running all around. I was trying to watch the news. (WAH. I still miss Caitlin, Cody and Jasper)